R is an open source statistical programming language. R is widely used in industry as well as in academia for statistical analysis and data visualization. In this workshop, we introduce the basics of R language and its programming environment through simple hands-on examples.
This workshop is designed for beginners in R programming, so no prior knowledge of R programming is needed. However, general programming knowledge in any programming languages will be help understand the programming concepts. If you are planning to bring your own laptop, please make sure that you have the latest R (https://cran.r-project.org/) and RStudio Desktop (https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/; free version) installed on your computer.
• Basics of R and RStudio
• R Programming Environment: Workspace, Working Directory, Packages
• R objects (data structure and function)
• R packages for data import and export
• R graphics for simple plotting methods
• Basic statistical analysis using R
## Date and Time
October 25, 2019 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (2 hours)