This will be an information session focused on an upcoming full time analyst position (starting Summer 2020) on the International Treasury team at The Walt Disney Company.
The International Treasury Group within the Corporate Treasury department is responsible for supporting the Company in achieving its international performance goals and the implementation of new business initiatives. As an integral member of our team, the Analyst will play a key role in assisting the Group in managing the Company’s global foreign currency risk, and driving initiatives that optimize the Company’s international cash and liquidity management. The Group is responsible for actively managing a portfolio containing $15+ billion in foreign exchange derivatives and $100+ million in commodity derivatives. Management of the portfolio entails interfacing with numerous banks and internal accounting/finance partners. The team operates in coordination with Corporate Tax, Corporate Legal, Corporate Controllership, and most business units.
Recent projects within International Treasury include:
- Developing a currency risk management strategy for the construction and acquisition of three new cruise ships
- Constructing currency risk management programs for international theme park expansion projects (e.g. Disneyland Paris and
Shanghai Disney Resorts)
- Complete integration of Twenty First Century Fox (21CF) foreign exchange risk into Disney’s risk management program
- Interest in global financial markets and international affairs
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience in quantitative analyses / financial modeling
- Self-starter with ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think critically, and strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with numerous internal stakeholders and external banks
Wednesday, October 2 at 12:15pm to 1:15pm
Bauer Center North, CMC, Founders, 500 E 9th St, Claremont, CA 91711, USA